Founder’s Message: 👋 Hey there, this is Thani, co-founder & CEO at Datarade. I’m heading the product, design, and engineering trifecta to build powerful and easy-to-use B2B software for our clients across the globe. I’m looking for our first full-time designer: If you’re a design generalist, have an entrepreneurial mindset, and want to take full ownership for design at our company – read on. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Weather data for climate change predictions, street imagery data for autonomous driving, or logistics data for global supply chain analytics – External data is the essential ingredient for solving our toughest challenges in business, science, and society. Our global, easy-to-use Data Marketplace helps companies to find the right data, effortlessly. And our Data Commerce Cloud™ enables Data-as-a-Service (DaaS) companies to reach more customers across channels: Data commerce made easy.
Why this job is 🔥:
- You’ll solve the challenge of making the abstract & complex topic of “data” easy-to-understand
- As our first product designer, you’ll build the design function from scratch – green field
- You’ll design a B2B SaaS and B2B marketplace for an extremely international user base
- You’ll be an equal in the product/design/engineering trifecta and report directly to our CEO
- You have the opportunity to become our design lead and build your own team
- You’ll work alongside our product owner and software engineers in product discovery & delivery
- You’ll build and validate high-fidelity prototypes that can be easily implemented by engineering
- You’ll be our design jack-of-all-trades: UX design, UI design, visual design, interaction design, etc.
- You’ll conduct qualitative and quantitative UX research with interviews and user analytics
- You’ll build a clean, easy-to-use, and scalable design system for both our marketplace and SaaS
- Support in the development of our corporate identity with regards to logo, colours scheme, etc.
Key facts: The start date is 01.01.2023 and the work location is Berlin (hybrid).
Transparency is one of our 9 principles for building the company we love. So here’s the deal:
- Salary between €58k – €72k based on experience
- Participation in the virtual employee stock options program (VESOP)
- 28 days of vacation, flexible working hours (just align with your team)
- 1.032€ / year public transport mobility budget (ÖPNV/BVG)
- Quarterly team off-sites for OKR setting and strategic planning (last one was in Corfu)
- Equipment of your choice e.g. Macbook Air M2, noise-canceling headphones, curved screen, etc.
- A highly-motivated, close-nit team with extremely talented and fun colleagues
- Fast career growth path, no corporate BS, proactive promotions, and salary increases
- Work from home whenever you want with our hybrid office policy
- Stylish penthouse office in the center of Berlin, standing desks, 1 Gbit/s internet
- Most importantly free snacks & drinks as well as quarterly team offsites and monthly night-outs!
- You have a portfolio sharing your product design process with outcomes
- You have a proven track record as a Product Designer at start-ups or scale-ups
- At least 3+ years experience of product design experience
- You have strong product design skills with tools like e.g. Figma (preferred), Sketch, or Framer
- You have UX research, web UI design, and a responsive mobile experience
- You understand the basics of HTML, CSS, and front-end-developement
- You have experience building and maintaining design systems
- You’re fully business fluent in English (verbal and written)
- You have previous experience in B2B SaaS and e-commerce/marketplace design
- You’re a Webflow fan and able to build and extend websites with it on your own
- You’re a designer who codes and know your way around web front-end development
Apply: Submit the application form
Initial call (30 min): If we’re a match, we’ll schedule a 30 min initial call
Deep dive (60 min): Explore the job in a 1h deep dive with the hiring manager
Founder talk + case study (60 min): Talk to our founders and present your thoughts on an actual case
Team meeting (30 min): Drop by our office or join for a virtual team hangout
Offer: By now, you know us and we know you, let’s make the magic happen!
Equal employment opportunity:
Datarade is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit careers.datarade.ai.