About the job
Figma is growing our team of passionate people on a mission to make design accessible to all. Born on the Web, Figma helps entire product teams brainstorm, create, test, and ship better designs, together. From great products to long-lasting companies, we believe that nothing great is made alone—come make with us!
At Figma, we are crafting a community of practice where our users can connect, learn, and advance their skills through sharing with each other. Our Designer Advocates are at the core of our Figma Community — online, in written and video content, and in live interactions with our users. This Designer Advocate will be a key partner to support our EMEA sales and marketing team in helping add design credibility and product knowledge to our messaging and conversations with users and new teams looking to adopt Figma. If you love Figma and already find yourself already advocating Figma to everyone you know, reach out!
This role can be based out of any of our EMEA hubs, London, Paris or Berlin.
What You’ll Do
Enable Figma users at scale: Write standard methodology guides, create resources, and host live streams to help our users better understand how to use the tool and encourage others to share their takeaways and experiences
Sales enablement: For key high value accounts, join sales demos to explain the product, share standard methodologies, and answer in-depth questions.
Motivate and empower the community: Maintain and establish relationships with users in the community and find opportunities to collaborate.
Events: Speak regularly at meet ups and conferences. Support Figma community advocates managing events worldwide
Advocate for users with product team: Keep a pulse on community sentiment on product releases and emerging themes. Share product feedback from community with PM & Design in an organised, systematic way. Act as trusted advisor for launches to prepare for community reaction.
We’re looking for someone with:
Figma expertise and real world experience using it within a team
- Fluency in English and German
- Passion for interacting with the design community
- Comfortable presenting to large groups of people
- Knowledge of product design workflows and is proficient in design systems (in Figma and more broadly)
- An understanding of the evolving challenges of design teams at scale and how designers work with design adjacent roles
- A technical design background and ability to get into the fine details of interface design
- An ambitious mentality and joy for iterating on projects from early experimental ideas through to completion
- Comfort-level with up to 25% of travel
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Design and build a new Figma Workshops around a theme or topic
- Work closely with a large customer to support their trial
- with Q&A sessions and workshops
- Figma file resources that could be used to help someone get started using Figma
- Livestream/video content to help share user stories and standard methodologies with the greater community
At Figma, one of our values is Grow as you go. We believe in hiring smart, curious people who are excited to learn and develop their skills. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the points outlined in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
We will work to ensure individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let your recruiter know if you require accommodation.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.