Website Just Eat (Takeaway / Lieferando)
Over the past year, we have been working incredibly hard to transform our products and services to make them better than ever before – and we are just getting started. Now, we are looking for a talented and motivated UI Designer to join our team of problem solvers and innovators!
At Just Eat Takeaway, we work in cross-functional teams made up of Designers, Researchers, Product Managers and Engineers. The way we work is collaborative and fast-paced. We want to discover what our users will love as soon as we can. We like to explore problems in-depth and we like to get our users in to speak with us every few weeks, to explore what we are working on and help us understand their needs.
We are looking for an UI Designer who can take our design system to the next level – someone who can create beautiful and intuitive designs.
While much of your time will be spent working directly on the design system and visual language, you will also be joining a team of 40 creatives, made up Product Designers, UX Designers, UI Designers, User Researchers and Copywriters.
If you are keen to join a growing and successful company and want to see your work help millions of people, please get in touch.
We think this job might be for you if:
- You care deeply about design systems and the craft of UI
- You care about visual design
- You care about creating great solutions that delight and inspire users.
- You like working alongside agile teams with Product Managers and Engineers to create inspiring solutions.
- You are keen to have users view your ideas, concepts and work regularly.
- You thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Design systems – You will have key involvement in the global design system. You will be involved in maintaining the design systems that support 40+ designers. This will involve designing components, interactions patterns and writing documentation
- Evolving the visual language – You will continuously develop and evolve the look and feel of the design language, ensuring the craft of all our digital products.
- Cross-collaboration – You will support engineers focused on building the design system. You will work closely with iOS, Android and Web engineers ensuring high level of quality across components, products and platforms.
- Supporting & evangelsing – You will be supporting the rest of the design team and a cross funcit. Helping them to use the design system and create new components.
- Data-driven – You use qualitative and quantitative data to influence your work. In conjunction with the team, you measure and monitor the performance of the components you work on.
- Communicate – You transparently communicate on your progress and you discuss ideas with your cross-functional team. You present well both within the Design team and to non-creative stakeholders.
- Teamwork – You take a collaborative approach and foster strong working relationships with your team, and with people in the wider Just Eat team, learning from them.
Your profile & experience
- A good eye for design and craft
- This role would be a good match for a recent graduate from a digital design programme, or someone looking to build on their recent experience designing digital products.
- Practical experience designing digital products – that can be through a past role, work placement, personal projects, or freelance work
- Understanding of design systems and component libraries
- Understanding of designing user interfaces for both one app platform (iOS or Android) and responsive web.
- Solid understanding of UX principles and design fundamentals
Why work at Just Eat?
Just Eat UK is part of Just Eat Takeaway.com, a leading global online food delivery marketplace headquartered in Amsterdam and listed on the London Stock Exchange.
We’ve built our business on having the widest choice available on our platform – connecting millions of customers with over 155,000 restaurants across 23 countries – with over 100 different cuisines from local independents to globally famous restaurants, available to order via our app and website.
We provide the platform and tools to help independent restaurants move online and reach a significantly broader customer base – to generate increased orders and grow their businesses. We also provide the insights, advice, and support our growing community needs to satisfy customers and help raise standards across a vibrant takeaway sector.
We’re built to deliver behind the scenes too. To make Just Eat the great company it is, it takes a great team of people. Which is why all of our colleagues are welcomed into a diverse and inclusive workplace where they feel they can belong. We’re passionate about nurturing our people and offer a full programme of training and support to our employees – helping them to develop their careers in a way that suits them.
No matter who you are, what you look like, who you love, where you are from, religious beliefs or takeaway preferences you could find your place at Just Eat. We’re a diverse and inclusive workplace that promotes a sense of belonging, allowing all of our people to bring their most colourful and complex selves to work every day.
To apply for this job please visit careers.justeattakeaway.com.